July is UV Safety Awareness Month and we’re sharing some tips to keep you and your family safe and protected all year round from the sun’s harsh rays.
- Apply sunscreen that blocks both UVA and UVB rays every day! Even when it’s cloudy, these rays still pose a hazard to you.
- Cover up when possible with long sleeved shirts, pants, hats and sunglasses
- Try to avoid activity in direct sunlight between 10 AM and 4 PM when the sun’s rays are the strongest
- Avoid tanning beds – there’s no such thing as a healthy base tan
- Early detection of melanoma or any skin cancer is important. Monthly self skin examinations and yearly skin examination by a health care provider can help identify melanoma early
Contact us today to learn more and schedule your appointment – (509) 319-2430.